Camp "Leader" is located in Upstate New York.
Camp address is:
3023 State Highway 30,
East Branch, NY 13756
The Camp offers shuttle transfer services for campers from/to Brooklyn, New Jersey, and NY airports (JFK, Newark, and LaGuardia).
Please note that all transportation services are provided only on Sundays.
If you ordered a transfer for a child by selecting this service while completing the registration form, you will receive a confirmation e-mail regarding the date and exact time a few days before the scheduled transfer. If the plans have changed (you just realized that you need a transfer or vice versa - you have to cancel it), please notify us in advance.
Transportation from Brooklyn and New Jersey
Every Sunday of the summer season the Camp's bus picks up campers from Brooklyn and New Jersey on the way to the camp. Same day afternoon, the bus returns to Brooklyn and New Jersey to bring back campers whose vacation is unfortunately over.
The pick-up location in Brooklyn is at Sea Side Park. The exact address is 311 Sea Breeze Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11224.
The pick-up/drop-off location in New Jersey is at the parking lot in front of CVS Pharmacy (Linwood Plaza Shopping Center). The exact address is 168 Fletcher Avenue, Fort Lee, NJ 07024.
We would like to remind you that shuttle transfer is an additional optional service. It is used at the parents' discretion and is not included in our basic package.
We are also earnestly asking you to request the transfer from/to Brooklyn beforehand by email.
And don't forget to check your email regarding the exact time of pick-up or drop-off!
Brooklyn: the fare is $55 for one way and $110 for the roundtrip.
New Jersey: the fare is $51 for one way and $102 for the roundtrip.
Individual Airport-Camp Leader-Airport shuttle transfer service
This shuttle transfer service is provided for children traveling from other states and foreign countries and arriving in New York by plane to JFK, Newark, or LaGuardia airports. The transfer service includes:
- reception at the airport;
- transportation of a child/minor from a New York airport to the camp;
- transportation of the child/minor from the camp to the airport at the end of the vacation;
- check-in, luggage, and other assistance on a way back home.
Our representative will fill in and sign all the necessary papers (if your ticket includes Unaccompanied Minor service) at the arrival or the departure. We will also send you a confirmation text message and e-mail.
The shuttle service price is $ 105 for one-way and $210 for the round trip.
If two, three, or more children arrive at the same time, the 10% discount will be applied for 2nd, 3rd, and every next passenger.
Please note that airport transfers are only available on Sundays. The pick-up/drop-off on any other day is possible only due to emergency or some kind of exceptional circumstances. In this case, the transfer fee increases by 30% per person.
Transportation from Monticello (any day, by prior arrangement)
We provide a roundtrip shuttle service to Monticello. The pick-up/drop-off location is at Monticello bus station. A further transfer is available there to New York Port Authority and other Upstate destinations.
The fare: $25 - one way, $50 - round trip.
Camp Leader is easy to commute to from any US state. Here are some major “How to’s” to help you navigate through!
There are three basic ways to organize your trip:
- Parents can bring their children straight to the camp on their own or drive the child/children to Brooklyn, NY. The camp's shuttle bus departs every Sunday in the afternoon from Seaside Park in Brooklyn. The exact pick-up site address is 311 Sea Breeze Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11224. Shuttle bus comes to Brooklyn in the afternoon on Sundays, bringing back the kids whose session is over. Shuttle service fee is $55 one way and $110 per round trip.
- Single travel. Your child may travel alone. There are quite some parents allowing that since to find a group of at least 5 children from the same city/state ready to travel at the same time is not easy (especially with children traveling from the foreign countries).
But how to send the child alone? Well, all airlines are now providing Unaccompanied Minor Service (UM). You can order the UM service when purchasing tickets. The fee for this service is usually rounded at $100 - $150 when purchasing roundtrip tickets. Generally, the price and age requirements for UM service are depending solely on the particular airline's policy. However, UM service is required for children 5 to 12, traveling without adult supervision. For children 12 and older this service is optional at the parent’s discretion. To use UM service in the airport of departure, you have to transfer your child to the airline representative and sign a release form, indicating the name and other data of the person you authorize picking up your child at the airport of destination (NYC). Your child will be looked after by flight attendants during the whole travel. And vice versa: on the way back home, the camp representative will accompany your child to the airline personnel and sign him/her up at the registration. Camp representative will stand by the gate until take-off; in case of the flight delay or cancellation, the camp rep will take the child back.
Camp Leader also offers full individual transfer service (round trips from/to NYC airports to the camp). The service fee for the shuttle transfer is $210. It is available for purchase online along with camp registration (under Registration and Payment/Additional Services). Individual transfer service covers personal transportation for your child/children from any of NYC airports to the camp and back by the end of the camp stay.
This way, along with the camp stay, the parents have to purchase roundtrip airline tickets, unaccompanied minor (UM) service ($100-$150), and Camp Leader’s individual transfer service (NY airports – to-camp roundtrips - $210).
- Group Travel. The best solution is to initiate a group of at least 5 (five) children from your city or state or to join such a group if it has already been created in your city or state. This way, the Camp Leader representative will travel to your city/state in the opening day to pick up, and then to accompany the whole group door-to-door on the way to the camp. That includes the escort to New York and transfer to the camp via Camp Leader shuttle van. On the closing day, the Camp Leader representative will escort the same group back to your city/state to deliver children straight to their parents or authorized companions. NB! All the children in the same group must choose the same camp session and stay the same time (three weeks, for instance), as well as purchase flight tickets in advance for the same flight so that all kids could travel together. Our office may also assist you with the group travel reservation(s).
This door-to-door accompaniment is an optional additional service, which is NOT included in the basic session cost, along with other optional services. For more information, please refer to our website.
You may also consider an option where the group attendant doesn’t have to be a Camp Leader representative. Upon discretion of the parents of each particular group, one of them can perform as a group attendant, accompany children to the camp (and back home), stay in the camp with them - at least, for some time - and take part in all the fun in person! Moreover, it will be surprisingly free of charge, because round trip airline tickets will be covered by parents (as calculated above), and Camp Leader will provide airport transfer shuttle, camp stay, accommodation, and nutrition free of charge for an attendant as well.